Golf is the closest game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots-but you have to play the ball where it lies.Jacob
Is your putter the right length?
Length is between 33-36 inches
Length is between 41-46 inches
Length between 48-52 inches
The most putters you’ll find are between 34-35 inches long.
Length between 32-34 inches
Length between 30-33 inches
Choosing a head shape.
There are three shapes of length putters:
The Blade-slim from the face to the back and is popular for those how have mishits. The Mid Wallet has its weight set farther back from the face to support the gravity backwards, and The Mallet has the full weight as far back away from the face and splitting the weight to the two back corners of the head.
This blog uses affiliate links. If you buy something through an affiliate link I will be compensated at no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting The Hole Story! More information can be found on our disclosure page.
Top 5 best putters 2018
The Best Blade Putter
- 3 different loft options
- Tour winning addition technology
- Engineered for better performance
- Mirror based system to select the right shape based on your setup ball
- Designed to withstand any form of punishment
The best face balanced Putter
- Allows the golfer to keep their back straight on the follow-through and keep them for pulling off the ball
- Helps keep the right pendulum line
- Diminishes the hotspot
- 34 inches long making ideal for pros and amateurs
- Customized head cover
- Easy to align the mallet clubhead
- Not meant for very low handicappers
The best Mallet Putter
- Raised position to help better aim at target
- Center hits get rolling faster
- Raised sightline works
- Stable on heel and toe hits
The most used putter on the PGA Tour
- Ultra-soft feel and dense performance.
- Face is precision milled with a diamond shape milling pattern
- The softest feeling putters
- Coarse milling pattern for a more consistent roll
- 345g head offers sweet spot and no skidding
- 304 stainless steel
- A bit more expensive
The Best Overall
- Increase topspin and forward roll around many surfaces with the Pure Roll insert
- No sightline for better alignment
- “tour only” slanted neck
- Solid feel for an insert
- Black shaft and grip plus head for sick murdered stance
- Absolutely none
Do you truly need a new putter?
It's always easier to put the blame on our putter then must admit that the bad performance is that I might not be using correctly. Some golfers believe that a putter is a living thing that has feelings, is unpredictable, and can sometimes even act up. We also understand that the putter would like to take its place where it belongs and its rightful place on the bag the whole time, be acclaimed for presenting well on the green. Taking this into consideration, when your putter acts up, finding a place in the closet for a week or so will teach some discipline which will ensue better performance in most cases.
Dragging your putter, you are your car can be harsh especially if you never gave it the opportunity to make amends. If you have never been a good putter, and do not seem to get a good feel when approaching the field, its unfortunate since 45% of your score and the same amount of time happens on the putting field.
There is no need to go through this dilemma when you should be enjoying this experience. Therefore, if you decide to buy a new putter, you should first learn how to use it properly. I highly recommend a lesson from a PGA instructor.